Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Can't Help It. I Love Target.

I know, I know...there are so many reasons to hate and shun the "Big Box" store, but I just can't help it. I love going there. Thankfully, Target is giving me one great reason to feel less guilty about my inevitable, non-local, impulse purchases. The store is now making its own eco-friendly clothing. And while that link only shows a few of the options, I saw many more cute t-shirts when I was over there during my lunch break today. Way to take a step in the right direction, Tar-jet!

Additionally, with a little research, I discovered that (at the time of this post) there are 8343 organic products sold in Target's online store. From baby clothes to home goods to beauty products, it looks like the store is making a real effort to give its customers more green choices. With even more research, I learned that Target is also making a significant effort to understand its environmental impact and continuously improve its business practices in many different areas. Seriously, check out that link to their corporate website. Their commitments are definitely more than just "greenwashing."

Maybe Target isn't SUCH a bad guy after all. While buying local is always better, we don't need to feel so bad about our wayward megastore moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment