Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Guilty as Charged...

I put air in my tires this past weekend, and I am very embarrassed to say that they were terribly low. Who knows how many gallons of gas I wasted? I definitely learned my lesson that going multiple months without checking tire pressure is pretty much equivalent to dumping gallons of gas (and many dolla billz) out on the sidewalk. AND what's even worse is that, with all the hype about Obama's "tire pressure" comment, I knew that I needed to check my tires, but still didn't do it. Inexcusable. So YBGers, please don't follow my example and check the air in you tires at LEAST once a month, ok? Promise? Ok.

2 comments:

  1. Yo, YBG.

    Much of the reason we don't check tire pressures is that it's hard to remember to check them and then it's a pain in the ass to check them.

    Here are a couple suggestions:
    1. Put a sticker on your gas cap with a reminder. That way, when you pull in for gas, you'll remember to check.

    2. Get a good tire pressure gauge and keep it in the door of your car. This way you stumble across it and say...hmm, let me check my tire pressure on a whim. You can get a good one for $10 that should last you your entire lifetime. I have one and it's awesome.
    http://www.amazon.com/Accutire-MS-4021B-Standard-Digital-Gauge/dp/B00080QHMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT info, Adriel. Any ideas where you can get the stickers that go in your gas cap?

    ReplyDelete