Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lightweights rule!

Last night, after getting unacceptably tipsy off of two glasses of local pinot noir (please note that I hadn't eaten dinner yet), I realized that, if reducing our consumption is the key to living a green lifestyle, then lightweight drinkers have a distinctive head start. Let's think about this...alcohol is a decidedly wasteful way to use crops, requiring lots of resources/pesticides for result that is low in nutritional value. However, it is a staple of many world cultures, and therefore, we're not going to give it up anytime soon. This means that the next best way to reduce our booze consumption while maintaining our social acceptability is by simply drinking less. And that's where lightweights win because we just can't function past a drink or three. If I can reach the same state of fuzziness with two drinks that my brother requires an entire case of Fatweisers to acquire, then, well, I'll let you do the consumption math.

This is obviously the argument I'll use at my 5th college reunion in June when being coerced into my 9th game of quarters for the evening. Right? Right.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, for the first time in my life, I can feel good for being a cheap date.

    ReplyDelete