Friday, March 27, 2009

Earth Hour Activities

Initially, I was going to post a list of Earth Hour activities for people to partake in, but on second thought, I'd love to hear what my READERS are planning to do for Earth Hour. Set your fingers a typin' and please leave a comment below letting me (and the rest of my totally devoted YBG following) know what you'll be up to on Saturday night. For example, I'll be out celebrating my friend Jenn's birthday, and since I have no idea where we'll be at 8:30 sharp, I plan to carry candles and headlamps so that I'm prepared to celebrate Earth Hour anywhere in the city. Additionally, because I'll be with a crowd of similarly green-minded friends, I'm hoping to convince them to head to Dolores Park for "Fun in the Darkness" or Medjool to dance under the stars on the rooftop. Howevs, I know no matter what we do, we'll take part in the action...even if we have to crawl over a bar and turn off the lights ourselves (which is not unheard of)!

So what are you waiting for?! Let's up know what you're up to.

2 comments:

  1. I know it's not original, but I'm planning a candlelight dinner with my man. Date night moves to Saturday night this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we were at McTeague's...and despite having grand green ideas of asking the bartenders to turn off all the lights and the various televisions that were showing the NCAA games- we realized that there is probably a liability for bars to turn of their lights for safety and control reasons. If only Earth Hour was when it was a bit warmer outside...

    ReplyDelete