Monday, March 23, 2009

Back Away from the Bottled Water

When was the last time you bought a bottle of water? How much did you pay for it? $1? $2? $5??? Well, did you realize that, by purchasing and carrying around a Klean Kanteen or a Nalgene water bottle, you not only significantly reduce the resources required to quench your thirst (plastic bottle, shipping, etc), but after only a few fill-ups, your reusable bottle has paid for itself! It's a no-brainer. For example, I brought my beat up Klean Kanteen with me to SXSW this weekend. Not only did I fill it up twice in the airport(s) during both days I spent traveling, saving myself about $20 in expensive airport water...but it also went with me to Waterloo Park on Saturday afternoon and kept me and my friends hydrated in between adult sodas. All in all it probably saved me $25 this weekend, which is more than it's original $17 cost.

So, save some money, oil, and energy, and buy yourself a durable reusable bottle...and if you have an emergency and absolutely HAVE to purchase a regular bottle of water, at least save the bottle for a bit of reuse before it reaches the end of it's lifespan and must be recycled. You'd be surprised at how convenient it is to have a few extra bottles around.

No comments:

Post a Comment