Saturday, February 7, 2009

YBG's Grandish Debut

Today started fairly typically...bad TV, some organic coffee, gChatting with my best friends, hydrating for a run later today...BUT this morning was little different in that this was the morning I was going to roll out my new blog.  However, a devistatingly clever blog needs a catchy, sexy title, which I lacked.  Therefore, I recruited Miss Elizabeth (law student and all around goddess at the U of TX) for a brainstorming session, and THIS is how young.broke.green. was born.

me: hey girl
Elizabeth: heyyyyy
me: do you have a sec?
Elizabeth: of course
me: i want to start a "real" blog about, well, why don't you look at the description itsnotthateasybeinggreen.blogspot.com
but i'm having trouble coming up with a good name
Elizabeth: first of all, GREAT idea
me: thanks :) i'm thinking hard about trying to get into green writing/journalism
Elizabeth: AWESOME!!
me: yeah, it's pretty exciting...if i can make it work
Elizabeth: god, i am so not creative...the kermit angle is amazing
me: yeah, i'm definitely sticking with that....i just need a catchier name
Elizabeth: what about something that isn't as obvious like "kermitwasright"
me: do you think it'd be an issue or confusing that i'm talking about a muppet instead of green living in my title?
Elizabeth: i actually think it is clever- but that is a good point
asgreenasyouwannabe
ummmmmmm
sorry day, I am so uncreative its amazing
me: ha, no worries. thanks for trying :)
Elizabeth: greenation
Elizabeth: greenathon
greenacres
californiagreendreamin
agreenment
me: LOL, you're awesome!
Elizabeth: letsmakeanagreenment
letsmakeadale
that sounds sexual
me: haha
doingreen is available, but it's too sexual
Elizabeth: mygreencanbeatupyourgreen
greenerific 
greenerification
isthatagreeninyourpocketorareyoujusthappytoseeme
me: HAHAHA
that's my fave so far
Elizabeth: yes, indeed
shrek is green
greenmonster
greenonomist
me: go, girl, go!
Elizabeth: itssciencelookitup
me: HAHA
dude, you're on a role
Elizabeth: i know, I just had to get warmed up
ingreenwetrust
thegreengoeson
me: theyoungandthegreen
Elizabeth: ooooo
youngbrokebutgreen
me: young.broke.green. YBG
wow, i really, really like that.  a lot.  straighforward but also hip, and totally catches the idea of the blog.
YBG
Elizabeth: greenisthenewwallstreet
iusedtoworkforlehmanbrosnowiliveonacommune
greenapocolypse
greenrevelations
greenitswhatsfordinner
me: i can't stop laughing long enough to type
Elizabeth: godisgreen
useyourgreenforgreen
me: iwillworkforgreen
greenexperiment
Elizabeth: ok, i have looked at the word "green" so much it doesn't look right anymore
me: say it over and over again out loud
then it really gets crazy
Elizabeth: conservenation
mymulchpileissexy
me: illshowyoumycompostifyoullshowmeyours
wanttoplayconserver
youknowwhattheysayaboutaguywithabigmulchpile
Elizabeth: HAAAAAA
increaseyourgreen
me: greentastic
Elizabeth: raiseyourgreenstock
me: standardandgreener
Elizabeth: ivegotaneconomicstimuluspackageinmypants
has nothing to do with anything
me: dying
can't breathe
Elizabeth: smokinthegreen
me: that one HAS to be taken, esp in CA
Elizabeth: rollingthegreen
greenamorous
me: ridingreenie
hitmegreenieonemoretime
Elizabeth: greenasaurus
me: greenerizer
Elizabeth: brianaustingreener
yourfacelooksalittlegreen
feelingreen
me: or just youlookalittlegreen
Elizabeth: itsnotjustforhippiesanymore
notyourparentsgreen
me: yuppieequalsgreen
mybfisgreenerthanyourbf
Elizabeth: greenismainstream
greenstream
greenofconsciousness
me: i like greenstream
but it's not available
blast
Elizabeth: that's not available?
me: nope
Elizabeth: walkthegreencarpet
greenlikeme
kissmeimgreen
me: theirishgotit
Elizabeth: leangreenbloggingmachine
greensteen
"the boss" 
me: haha
i can definitely write a post about that
Elizabeth: ok, i am going to veg out on the couch a little bit
i am slightly hung over 
but I will keep thinking about this!
me: go for it
i keep going back to young.broke.green.  
i'll let you know what i decide.  laters.

And, ladies and gents, this is how YBG came to life.  Love it or hate it, it was born out of slap happiness and residual alcohol...two things I know a lot about.  Welcome to my eco-world!

No comments:

Post a Comment