Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Aaaaaand, I'm Back

Hi readers!

As promised, it's the end of October, and I'm back and ready to blog my organic cotton socks off. A lot of really exciting stuff has been happening since I've last posted, so I should probably begin by catching you up. First of all, I spent my late summer/early fall doing quite a bit of very cool field work in exotic places of the world like Anniston, AL (burros); Marietta, OH; and Kalamazoo, MI (big bass).

While the field work was fun (great people) and interesting, I have known for a while now that my time at my current company was growing short, AND low and behold, I got a new job last week! Yep, I'm going to work for a cleantech company that may or may not make an electric sports car. It's a big move, but I'm really excited about it. Inside sales/cars/clean technology (i.e. my new position) is quuuuite a bit different than ecological field work, so I have a lot to learn...which is kind of the point in the whole switching-careers thing.

Finally, because of friendships with great people in high places, YBG is going to be part of a test program with Overstock.com to increase its social media outlets. This means that I'll be blogging about and noting cool, green, and inexpensive products that can make your life more sustainable. Like I said, exciting things are afoot!

Keepin' it YBG,
Dale

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on landing your new job/career move.
    Best of everything to you, love ya...Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you at the Caramel Apple party! Love the blog!!

    ReplyDelete